I had the pleasure of witnessing profound transformation in some of my clients. It’s amazing to see the positive impact on the lives of people who decide to take action.
As a coach, I can’t be present every day to remind you of your desire to change. But there are people around you in your day-to-day life, who, unintentionally, have a great power of influence on your behavior. By choosing these people carefully, depending on what you want to change, you greatly increase your chances of success.
Imagine having lunch every day with a colleague that is very health conscious. How would that affect the choices that you make? Would you be more inclined to go for the french fries or the salad? Imagine the impact on your health after 6 months?
Now let’s do the same exercise with someone that:
- Loves his work and speaks about it with passion and enthusiasm
- Loves the Company you both work for
- Loves Personal Development and is always looking to learn and grow
- Is generous
- Is knowledgable about finance and has good personal discipline when it comes to spending
- Is going for a walk every day (or trains every day)
- Always looks for the best in everyone
- Treats people with respect and kindness (including the waiter and the busboy)
- Listens with interest…
Changing your surroundings is an easy way to increase your chances of successfully transforming yourself.
If you’ve been stuck repeating the same behaviors, even though you would sincerely like to tweak your personality, look around you…It’s not only pessimism that’s contagious!
What about you? What kind of impact do you have on the people you hang out with?
Let me know what you think of that Success Strategy in the Comments Section.