Being a good manager is really demanding. I know because I was one for twenty years. In the midst of all the problem solving, I truly enjoyed the projects where I got to use my creativity. But back in the days, I didn’t have the social medias to “play” with. They weren’t as powerful as they are today. They can be very dangerous, but they also give you a lot of power and possibilities…
I closely follow the company Zappos (the online retail store) and admire how they use the potential of the social medias. Their mission is “to live and deliver WOW” through service. Since they do this very well, they’re constantly receiving rave reviews from their customers. (Who wouldn’t share that they’ve received a surprise in the box, a little personalized note, flowers or an upgraded delivery time?) They also have an employee online “live” on Twitter that receives and replies to every comment…Take about keeping your finger on the market pulse!
Continually receiving positive feedback, what a great way to stay motivated and engaged! I want that type of feedback too! Don’t you?
Why not challenge your team? How could you make your services stand out? Really stand out? (for you external or internal clients)
- Faster than expected service delivery
- Follow up call to check satisfaction
- Special way to greet or assist the clients
- Special way to dress
- Little unexpected surprises
- Personalized email (to follow up on a previous conversation)
- Delivering more than promised…
With this exercise:
- You will discover new ways to serve your customers
- You will give a boost of energy to your team
- You will develop pride for a job well done and the satisfaction of being part of an exceptional team (the best team!)
- You will increase sales
- and who knows, with the social medias, the story of your “service extraordinaire” may become viral!
Go for it! Have fun with your team! Surprise your clients!
How could you, using the power of social medias, get to know your customers better? Ask your “younger” employees, they might surprise you with their suggestions”.
As usual, let me know how it goes and feel free to share any additional suggestions, in the Comment Section, to WOW the customers.