During your discussions with your family and friends pay attention to people’s comments about their work.
Because my mission is to inspire managers to care for their team, I always feel sad when I hear:
- My employer revised the budget this year, everything that was fun has been cut
- Every minute of my time is counted, we no longer have any autonomy
- My boss hardly knows my name
- I don’t have the latitude to help my clients, I feel helpless
- My evaluation was done in 10 minutes, my boss had no interest in my comments
- I’m so looking forward to my retirement …
On the other hand, I jubilate, and always ask for what company the person works for, when I hear:
- I have a new mission for January, I can’t wait to tackle it
- My boss really trusts me, next year, I will represent my sector for a major project
- Our supervisor always comes up with little surprises
- I received a written note from my boss, I was surprised to see how well he knows me
- My boss is very accessible, he is an equal part of our team
- What a great team we have…
So before you go away to regain your strength and spend time with your loved ones, the coaching question is:
What will your employees say when they talk about their work during the holiday season?
The answer could be a good start in planning your objectives for the new year.